Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Real Meaning of Equality

Today, we discussed Harrison Burgeon and his different points of view from different people. We looked at three pictures and wrote about them each. None of them really matched Harrison, but the third picture I think was the best image of him.

A couple blog posts ago, (or maybe I did on a Google doc. I can’t remember.) I wrote about what I thought equality meant. Now to back the present, now I really know what equality means and I am going to write the real meaning equality following some examples.

           Equality is the state of everyone being equal. In the story Harrison Burgeon, everyone was equal. No one was more athletic, no one was smarter than anyone else, no one had more of an advantage for anything. Even beauty was outlawed. How is the United States equal today? Honestly, I think it is more likely that aliens will attack earth than total equality. Harrison was written I the 60’s and look how more equal we have gotten. Well, there were the rights for woman and blacks but that’s really it. I think the only equality laws that might be made in the future will probably be more women and black rights, but nothing more than that, but who knows.

1 comment:

  1. Does this discussion refer to individuality or equality in rights, freedom and opportunities?

    ReplyDelete